Wednesday 28 September 2011

everything changes...

Its been a while since my last post, but i guess I had gotten caught up in the cogs (as we all do). Nonetheless im here again, working away at the things I do. Recently i went on a short holiday to spain, to relax awhile, away from the humdrum of life back here in England.

They say its more likely to realise a few things while you're out of the box, than in it. Most certainly true, and whilst walking along the shores of valencia one evening I pondered my position in all that I had considered. For once in a while I felt very relaxed, calm and at ease. Its hard to realise you are none of these things until you experience it of course.

Such relaxed states give rise to other thoughts beyond our sphere of influence. As I pondered, I felt somewhat different. As though somehow i were laying upon a cushion of air, being carried along towards a new end, a new destination along the paths of my journey (whatever they may be). At the time I took this message to mean perhaps that i was begin gestured forward in life, to pursue all that i could, and that perhaps I had stood back enough now. The time for moving forward was at hand. perhaps I hadn't realised how prominent this was.

Looking back on the events prior to this its clear to see that the fates had indeed given rise to these thoughts in subtelty, as often they are. I had come into the posession of a branch of a sycamore tree that had been struck by lightning. Indicating a lightning rod, a very live and charged vein of nature - a symbol of drive, of the lifespark, of ignition, of motivation and fertility. I dare say when its ready it will make a fine wand. Also from my homestead i have in preparation a branch from a holly tree - a symbol of evergreen, of everlasting and non diminishing life.

Returning from Spain I was gifted a daytime flight, looking at the clouds and the sky above the world, looking down on mountains rivers and civilisation. Almost a view from "the gods". I had not seen such things since earlier in the year in my ascension of Mt Snowdon. (whish was expressed in "t-minus - wings please)





I am also reminded of the presence of these revelations in various other forms. The song "solisbury hill" by Peter Gabriel holds some relevance (and made me feel somewhat emotional of late, expressing things i had not yet considered or had put to the wayside)..


But it doesnt end there. I listened to a song this morning that reminds me of one of my favouriters from last year - but is still increasingly relevant to the questions we ask in life, and their relevance in the greater scheme of things.


So thats it from me for now. May your futures be bright and your paths cross the places of fortune. Ill be in touch... soon :)

No comments: