Saturday 23 July 2011

In continual motion...

Things move. things change, some things stay the same etc etc. We've all been aware of things moving along at some point, chasing either the turn of the perpetual wheel, or in sight of a new wheel entirely. In some cases, we all have many wheels to manage, many revolutions to partake in and many facets of the gemstone of life to grind against the wheels.

For me, things are (touch wood) going seemingly well. Having done well on the diet and lifestyle front, I am some five and a half stones lighter than I used to be. Boasting a lean 10st 8 (last weigh in), from a whopping 16 stones and 10 lbs, back in 2008, seemingly in retrospect I've always been under the wheel of change. Nonetheless I'm rather happy about that. Having a mild kidney infection of late has halted my progress somewhat as im holding all kinds of water until it clears. But hey ho - we all have our setbacks.

I am conscious now of the wheel of fortune card - the forces of fate in motion. Heh -we all have visualisations eh?



In other aspects of my life, out of the blue an old mentor appeared - to both confirm and reaffirm my path on the quest for enlightenment among other things. It's only taken some ten years to get answers out of him! Haha. All good things come to those who wait, patience leads to virtue or merit etc. I have a feeling that it wont be the last time I see him either. We shall see.

Today, despite being under a flood of barley water (kidney problem) and recovery, a friend stopped by and we continued to work on his website for his own business venture. A few teething problems to begins with but we're getting there. Its refreshing for me to revise old ground and re-learn new skills in the field. Indeed its been too long away from the digital frontier. A few cups of tea and coffee later our to-do list is exhausted. We now look to more exciting things with the basics out of the way.

Work sent me a nice letter concerning bonuses and shares. Its good to know you're well thought of and valued beyond your monthly pay and the duties you perform. My hopes are to save some more cash to invest in other businesses among my friends. Time will tell of course, but fingers in pies are never a bad thing (provided the filling isn't too hot. ;))

Wheels keep on turning (my playlist ironically picked out "proud mary" as I was typing. Never a bad thing I suppose, to know that fate somehow agrees with me, or at least humours my thoughts. So i suppose as I take a break and reflect, life's kinda sweet. But not too sweet, or I may get addicted. I do wonder how many other wheels will turn in response to these little wheels of mine. Once again, I will discover that time will tell.

No comments: